Here’s a snippet from a flyer that’s been hanging on doors in West Anchorage for House candidate Republican Anand Dubey, who’s running against Democrat Matt Claman for the seat being vacated by Rep. Lindsey Holmes.
Mia Costello. The flyer is written by Dubey’s wife Shivani. ( Full disclosure, Shivani is a very nice woman and helped me get this website up and running):
The flyer would appear to contradict what Dubey told Alaska Family Action in August:
From the Alaska Family Action Alaska Values Voter Guide
Anand Dubey Responses:
1) Abortion and the State of Alaska
Would you vote to support a constitutional amendment clarifying that Alaska’s state constitution does not contain within it a right to abortion or the right for public funding of abortion? Yes.
2) Government Funding of Planned Parenthood
Would you vote to oppose any allocations of government funds to Planned Parenthood, as well as other groups that either perform or pay for abortions? Yes.
3) Legal Status of Abortion
Please indicate which of the following statements most closely reflects your belief as to when the law should permit and/or prohibit abortion:
- Abortion should be LEGAL for any reason, at any time during a pregnancy.
- Abortion should be LEGAL for any reason, but not after the first six months of pregnancy.
- Abortion should be LEGAL for any reason, but not after the first three months of pregnancy.
- Abortion should be ILLEGAL except when necessary to save the life of the mother, or when the pregnancy is a result of rape or incest.
- Abortion should be ILLEGAL except when necessary to save the life of the mother. (DUBEY response)
- Abortion should be ILLEGAL in all circumstances.